Sunday, March 25, 2012

 

1969. The place, batangan penisnsula, Vietnam. 17 years old, I was...and this was the prelude to the "push" through a 'hotbox' known as pinkville. Battalion Commander, Colin Powell...I live this nightly, if not daily..I share this with my internet friends because aren't we all seeking a peace? A young kid on a rickety bike, trying to warn us of an ambush...he didn't make it.and neither did many of us...
  I now look to the north, and see a sea of bluebonnets, about 7 a.m....a gift to me from a higher power? Or maybe just the earth revealing the bounty of a life away from the quagmire of seeking riches, seeking power, or seeking as many possessions as one can have. I do like simple gifts....and a simple life...the seeking of all "that stuff" will get you nowhere...this I know to be true. It's welded in to my brain from a life in the extremes of what man can do to other men...



It's not a question of "what." It's a question of how we weave our way through a maze of wtf...JUST stay true to your vision, fellow seekers...I know that we will find peace...


2 comments:

  1. Guy, thanks for the good thoughts to live by....and for sharing your journey with us all...
    Peace brother,
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU, Bri, for following my journey...

    ReplyDelete